Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I have very little time because the internet is down at work so now i am at a public internet cafe and as always people are waiting. So everyone, I am alive and well. I hope you all had a wonderful dinner yesterday, I will be getting mine tonight, however instead of a turkey i will be having turkey wings.

A quick note on what I have been up too. I have started working with some girls in my village. The school director wants me to teach them health issues so that is what I am going to try and do. I had my first lesson this week or HIV and how it is transmitted. I hated doing it because my french is so bad, but afterwards I felt a sence of accomplishment that I really havent felt since I have been here.

Word has it that a bunch of people went in and got me a bunch of goodies. i cannot begin to tell you how much i appreciate it. i have always had this belief about myself that out of sight out of mind, and I cannot tell you how good it feels to be proven wrong. I am lucky to have some pretty great people in my life.

I have a lot more to share, but with the internet being down and ppl waiting here I have to keep this short. Just know I miss and love you all.

4 comments:

D Morgan said...

Jen
Thangsgiving was nice, seemed kind of rushed though sitting down to eat, and of course you were missed greatly!
Not going shopping today cause I hate the crowds, but Eric and mom are going to Plymouth to turn in your cell phone and mom's as well and get me a new one and in my name.
New furniture opened today nex to the new Sears in Rochester, might check that out too.
The guy who is living in the house dad and mom bought called this morning asking for a few more days to get out, wants to have a auction and it got delayed, so looks like first week of December will be moving time.

Well better go, it was so great talking with you yesterday, you sound great! Hope you get all your packages soon!

Love you lots
Gary

Unknown said...

Hi! Its good to hear from you! I miss you and I am glad your starting to do some fufilling work. I love and miss you. I have been slacking on the letters but willt ry to send one soon! Maybe if i sent something yesterday you could have it by christmas lol.

IceCube said...

don't hold your breath on that one stitch, I sent her something before halloween that she still hasn't gotten.

Heather G said...

Jen:
I haven't been on here in FOREVER. I actually forgot about the whole blog thing and have been waiting for responses in the mail. This is almost as good! I love the pictures and so wish I was with you experiencing all these things. I"m sitting in a coffeeshop in Bluffton right now...looking at a foot of snow and shivering at the cold that still makes it through the window. Brrr. Hope that cools you down a bit :) I love you and will talk to you soon!

Love, Heather G