Saturday, October 29, 2011

Operation Defensive Shield

In speaking of the Israeli use of curfew in my previous two posts I made brief mentions to both the city of Jenin, a northern West Bank city not far from the Palestinian/Israeli border and to Israeli Operation Defensive Shield. To be fair this operation was conducted primarily as result of the Palestinian bombing of a hotel in Israel that resulted in the death of 30 elderly Israelis and the Palestinian bomber. Some may argue that response was not proportional to the crime, but that can be left for further debate. My goal here is not to convince you, my audience, that Palestinians are saints, above reproach. No, I just want to share information that the main stream media does not cover and which as a result you may not be aware of.

Before moving on to a new topic of discussion I wanted to show a bit of the results from the "Battle of Jenin" which was fought during Operation Defensive Shield. Let this documentary show what the people of Jenin face.


No comments: