Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am the scary house

So I was sitting at the health center like I normally do, writing in my journal when I look up and see two little girls a couple yards from me, staring at me. Being stared at is nothing new, comes with being the only white person for miles and miles and the first one most have ever encountered. Anyway, these two girls were giggling and then one ran up to me, said hello shook my hand and ran off. This must have given the other girl courage, because before I could blink the other girl was over doing the same thing. This brought the me to the realization that I have become the scary house that is often used in tv shows or books have a bonding experience for kids. You know what I’m talking about; usually a show will have an episode where there is talk of a haunted house and how the kids dare each other to run up and touch the door. I have become that door, that scary house.