Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

I am a horrible daughter and forgot that yesterday was my mom's birthday. She would have been 52. She was too young to have died when she did. The older I get the more that plays in my head. She had so much life to live, so many things to see and do. Not a week goes buy that something doesn't happen that I don't want to share with her. I can't count the number of times I've picked up a pen to write her a letter to tell her about something or other that's happend. Lord I wish she was still here. Never in the condition she was in for her illness was the personification of a living hell in my eyes. But in my weaker moments I long to be able to talk to her again, hear her laugh, have her hug me. I forget how bad it was while she was alive when I get to missing her.

So Happy Birthday Mom. I miss you and I'll always love you. And you can bet your bottom dollar I would have given you hell for getting to so old :D But I'm equally sure you'd have given me as much hell over the fact that I have as much gray hair as you.

3 comments:

ellenpants said...

I'm pretty sure this made me ball my eyes out! I miss your mom so much! I can't tell you how many times I think about all the fun we had in your pink house in Akron. You're mom meant so much to me, I miss HER giving me hell for stuff I did, and she wasn't even my mom! haha!

Good Earth said...

Oh sure, Jenn, as if it isn't enough that I'm sick with some stupid bug, then you have to go make me sad and cry.

Good Earth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.