Saturday, May 23, 2009

Talking to God

So I received an email from Mona saying that I should ask God what I should do in regards to my post Peace Corps options. I have tried this in various ways not only regarding this decision but at various times/cross roads in my life which out much luck I must say. So I am asking now, how does one do this? And how does one feel generally during/after doing so?

I usually ask for guidance in making the right decision or for some sort of sign or something that shows that one choice what I am "meant" to do. But always I am left feeling as I did before I did the asking as if I said nothing at all. Never have I felt God's guiding hand, presence or anything which would lead me to believe that a. he's listening to me and b. that one choice is any different than another. So I am always left hoping that I make the right choice as I jump in.

How do you know that when you are getting guidance from God vs. letting your own wants direct you to doing what you want to do?

I'm confused

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm no god expert but i think in general its more of dear go allow me to use my judgement to make the right choice kind of deal. I dont believe god really gives signs, but i do think its nice to feel like youve asked for help. not very helpful i know. but god gave us free will for a reason.